Tips before the Hurricane hits:
- Listen to local area radio, NOAA radio or TV stations for the latest information and updates.
- Be prepared to evacuate quickly and know your routes and destinations. Find a local emergency shelter.
- Check your emergency kit and replenish any items missing or in short supply, especially medications or other medical supplies. Keep it nearby.
- Download local weather apps for the region to keep posted, many local news stations offer them.
- WWW.REDCROSS.ORG ( Click on “Get Help” tab, Then type of disaster for more info.)
Then, If You Can, Do This
- Fill plastic bottles with clean water for drinking.
- Fill bathtubs and sinks with water for flushing the toilet or washing the floor or clothing.
- Fill your car's gas tank, in case an evacuation notice is issued.
- Turn off propane tanks and unplug small appliances.
- Bring in anything that can be picked up by the wind, such as bicycles and patio furniture.
- Move your furniture and valuables to higher floors of your home.
- Turn off utilities if told to do so by authorities to prevent damage to your home or within the community. If you shut your gas off, a professional is required to turn it back on.
- Unplug small appliances to reduce potential damage from power surges that may occur.
After the storm…
We as a District want to be in conversation with you before, during and after the storm. We want to know what has happened and how can we be praying and partnering with you. We ask that any prayer requests, damages, needs and praise reports be shared with us. Another step you may have to walk through is filing an insurance claim. If this is the case we would love to be brought into this conversation as well.
How do I file an insurance claim?
For those with Foursquare insurance you can use this link: http://www.foursquare.org/insurance
Once at this webpage, you can follow steps to filing a claim. The necessary forms and needed information are listed under their “How do I file an Insurance claim” tab.
I would also recommend getting acquainted with the “Insurance Service Policy Notebook” In this, lists the 2017-2018 services offered under the current policy.
Please take note: According to the policy “There is no earthquake or flood coverage provided by Foursquare.”
Any churches with outside insurance, please make yourself familiar with their steps on filing a claim. Just a reminder, we are here to assist with this as well.
Bill Gross SED Supervisor: 919-434-8659 Billgross@foursquare.org
Chris Wilcox SED Properties: 401-864-9807 firstname.lastname@example.org
Jayne Wood Foursquare Insurance Services: 1-888-635-4234 Ext #4410 email@example.com
For those looking to Volunteer after a Disaster, please use the filling link, and click on “Become an FDR Volunteer. Fill out form completed and select “Submit” button once completed.