Are you ready for Hurricane season?
With hurricane season approaching, it is important to be as prepared as possible. Below is some information on things you and your church can do prior to any storm, as well as information on what to do after the storm.
Before the Hurricane Hits:
- Listen to local area radio, NOAA radio or TV stations for the latest information and updates.
- Be prepared to evacuate quickly and know your routes and destinations. Find a local emergency shelter.
- Check your emergency kit and replenish any items missing or in short supply, especially medications or other medical supplies. Keep it in an “easy to grab” location.
- Download local weather apps for the region to keep posted, many local news stations offer them.
- Fill plastic bottles with clean water for drinking.
- Fill bathtubs and sinks with water for flushing the toilet or washing the floor and clothing.
- Fill your car's gas tank, in case an evacuation notice is issued.
- Turn off propane tanks and unplug small appliances.
- Bring in anything that can be picked up by the wind, such as bicycles and patio furniture.
- Move your furniture and valuables to higher floors of your home.
- If told to do so my local authorities, turn off utilities to prevent damage to your home or within the community. If you shut your gas off, a professional is required to turn it back on.
- Unplug small appliances to reduce potential damage from power surges that may occur.
After the Storm:
We would like to be in conversation with you before, during and after the storm. We want to know what has happened and how we can be praying and partnering with you. Another step you may have to walk through is filing an insurance claim. If this is the case, we would love to help you.
For those with Foursquare Insurance, click here, for more information. In order to file a claim, call 844.297.0850. You will need the Foursquare Client Number #005053 as well as your Church ID Code when reporting a loss or damage.
Any churches with outside insurance, please familiarize yourself with the steps needed to file a claim. Just a reminder, we are here to assist you.
Bill Gross SED Supervisor: 919-434-8659 email@example.com
Paul Glenn District Administrator: firstname.lastname@example.org
Gallagher Bassett Insurance: Available 24/7 at 1-844-297-0850 or by email email@example.com